Operations management is easily the largest function in any organization. The people of this department are responsible for making sure that the entire company’s business operations and functions are executed within the given time and budget, in order to maintain profitability. In addition, operations management professionals are also responsible for creating reports about their work and analyzing them to find ways of improving the functioning of the business. PGDM in operations management can definitely help in teaching you how to handle all of this and more.
Why PGDM in Operations Management?
Since the responsibilities of Operations Management professional range from strategic to tactical, it requires a hands-on approach that can only be developed through a course like MBA in Operations Management. This two-year full-time course teaches students how to handle all sorts of operations responsibilities, such as dealing with the design and management of products, the production processes as well as other services and supply chains.
Thankfully, the syllabus for our postgraduate diploma in operations management is designed with all of these factors in mind. Therefore, it utilizes different teaching methods such as case studies, presentations, simulation exercises, industrial visits, workshops and seminars during regular classes as well as during the internship. Here are some of the characteristics of an MBA in operations management.
- To help students learn key management skills
- To help students develop a balance between purchasing and supply expertise
- To help familiarize students with new ways of inventory and material management
- To teach students how to control the supply chain
- To help students develop flows and processes to improve operations
- To help students learn how to manage communication between supporting organizational structures
- To help students adapt themselves to the latest technologies and tools in the operations management
Career Options after PGDM-Operations
Once you learn the various skills and concepts defined in the course plan for MBA in Operations management, you will easily be able to secure a good job in this field based on the merits of your profile alone. Here are some of the jobs that you can look forward to applying for in this field:
- Operations Manager
- Strategic Planner
- Purchase Analyst
- Materials Manager
- Purchasing manager
- Plant manager
- Service operations director
- Supply chain manager
- Quality control officer
- Warehouse manager
Responsibilities of an Operations Manager
Students aspiring for MBA in Operations Management must go through the following job responsibilities of an Operations Manager to get a clearer view of what the profile entails.
- Manage the operations team and define their roles.
- Create and update standard operating procedures for operational activities.
- Suggest improvements to the operations based on customer feedback.
- Create operating and capital budgets.
- Make sure that the budget is not exceeded.
- Conduct employee reviews based on operational performance.
- Maintain accurate records for operational procedures.
- Ensure that all work is done is in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings with various departments to discuss operational issues or any updates.
- Create reports regarding all work done, in order to evaluate risk and reward in terms of current and future operations.
Now that you know what is expected of you as operations professional, let us tell you something about Sunstone and our role in helping you reach that level.
Why Sunstone’s PGDM in Operations?
So far we have informed you about what makes a postgraduate diploma course in operations management such a good choice for students. Sunstone can help you realize your true potential through our Pay after Placement PGDM program. Here is what makes Sunstone PGDM-Operations management the best option for you to do just that.
- Students get to course pay fees after getting placed in the corporate world, thanks to our pay after placement model.
- Students get an ‘on the job learning’ opportunity through internships.
- Long term internships with leading companies will make you develop workplace skills.
- The course curriculum is designed and regularly updated by the leading industry professionals.
- Sunstone takes complete responsibility of placing students in well-paid jobs.