Human Resource Management is one of the oldest professions in the world. So much so, that in today’s work culture, HR professionals have become a basic necessity of the company. They are the ones who handle the hassle of managing employees, making sure they play well with each other. It is very important for any human resource manager to be able to adapt to the changing goals and requirements of the corporate world while ensuring that the workforce is always on the same page as the management. To accomplish such intense responsibilities, it requires a lot of hard work and training which cannot be gained simply through bookish learning. This is why we recommend a postgraduate diploma in HR to aspirants seriously considering a career in human resource management.
Why PGDM in HR?
The Post Graduation Diploma in Human Resource Management is a two years, full-time program, designed in collaboration with educational experts as well as experienced HR professionals to develop a well-rounded curriculum. It combines theoretical knowledge with practical execution to give students a solid grasp of HR practices and strategies.
One of the integral parts of MBA in Human Resource Management is the development of skills related to individual, team and organizational behaviour. This means cultivating an acute ability to anticipate the mood of the people present, while at the same time moulding their responses to ensure that the situation never escalates out of control.
Key Features of PGDM (HR)
- This postgraduate diploma course is specially designed for the HR manager and includes specialized papers in the human resources specialization.
- The focus on real-life experience through internships is a surefire way of obtaining pre-placement offers.
- The course provides insights into the latest corporate trends, developing strategies and best HR practices with a special focus on organizational development.
- The course offers practical experience in understanding the role of a good HR professional and their relationship with their charges.
- The course gives students the confidence to apply the principles and techniques of MBA in HR in real life.
Responsibilities of the HR Manager
Human Resource Management extends right from managing employees to managing the employers and the whole HR department as well. The role of an HR manager is to manage, create, implement and supervise policies/regulations, which are mandatory for every employee and also have knowledge of its appropriate functioning.
Students aspiring for MBA in Human Resource Management must go through the following job responsibilities of an HR Manager to get a clearer view of what the profile entails.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets;
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
Career Options after PGDM in HR
A student pursuing MBA HR automatically qualifies for all job profiles given below, thanks to the design and execution of the PGDM HR program itself. The students of this PGDM specialization are trained to handle the responsibilities to the best of their abilities, both in theoretical and practical applications.
Here are some of the roles and job designations, which an HR professional can take up –
- HR Generalist
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Corporate Trainer
- HR Analyst
- HR Manager
- HR Consultant
- Performance Management
Why Sunstone’s PGDM in Human Resource Management?
So far we have explored the complexity of undertaking a PGDM course in human resource management. We have established what makes this MBA course such an important tool for any candidate that aspires to be an HR professional. However, an idea is only as good as its execution. This is where Sunstone steps in, as our execution is equally exemplary as our vision.
Here is what makes Sunstone PGDM-HR the best option for you:
- The curriculum has been designed in collaboration with leading industry professionals.
- The pay after placement model allows students to pay for the course fee after they get a job.
- Students get hands-on training regarding all subjects, in addition to the theoretical classes.
- Students get a chance to enjoy the college experience at their own pace.
- Internships with leading companies, where you get training from experienced professionals.
- Accredited by AICTE
- 100% placement guarantee