MAT is a national level exam and is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA).The AIMA’s MAT 2020 is also supported by India’s Ministry of HRD, making the candidates giving the MAT exam eligible for various PGDM courses across the country. The MAT 2020 will be conducted four times this year, namely in February, May, September and December. Registration for the MAT 2020 to be conducted in February will begin in December 2019.The MAT exam gives the candidate the choice to choose one out of the two modes of the MAT 2020- Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT) or the candidate also can take the MAT 2020 in both the modes. This exam opens up admission opportunities for MBA aspirants over 600 B-schools.
MAT 2020: Everything You Need to Know
This article is the one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about the MAT 2020 exam, the important dates, syllabus, eligibility and how you can register for the MAT 2020 exam. So without further adieu, let us begin.
MAT 2020 Important Dates
Paper Based Test and Computer-Based Test for the February session of the MAT 2020.
|MAT 2020 Events||MAT 2020 Important dates|
|Availability the Application Form||2nd week of December 2019|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of January 2020|
|Closing date of Online Form Filling-up/ Purchase||3rd week of January 2020|
|Admit Card Download date Availability||Last week of January 2020|
|MAT Exam Date 2020||1st week of Feb 2020 (PBT)
2nd week of Feb 2020 (CBT)
|MAT Result date Declaration||End of February 2020|
MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Once you have decided on the date of the exam, you need to check the eligibility. Though the criteria for all programs are almost the same, it is always safer to be sure about the eligibility and check for any minute changes in the program eligibility. Let us take a look at the eligibility of the MAT 2020 exam:
|Nationality||Both Indian and International candidates can apply for MAT Exam 2020.|
|Age||There is no specified age limit to give the exam.|
|Job Experience||It is not mandatory for candidates applying for the MAT 2020 to have job experience.|
|Educational Qualification||Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for MAT Exam 2020. Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can are also eligible to apply.|
|Minimum percentage Requirement||Every program and Institutions have their required minimum graduation percentage that a graduate needs to be eligible for the program. This minimum graduation percentage will vary with every MBA institute, so make sure you cross-check the individual requirements from the official website of the institute.|
MAT 2020 Registration
All the candidates that will be registering for the Management Aptitude Test 2020 exam need to register online on the official AIMA website. Even though the exam is both online and offline, candidates can ONLY apply online on the official AIMA website for the MAT 2020. The process for applying for the MAT 2020 February session will begin in December 2019.
MAT 2020 Application Form
The MAT 2020 can only be applied online on the AIMA site. The snapshot of what the application form looks like is given below:
The details of the MAT 2020 application form are:
- Candidates can fill the registration form in the 2nd week of December.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form till the 1st week of February, for both the Paper Based Test and Computer Based Test.
- Candidates will be required to fill all their details completely and honestly.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph (40 to 100 kb size) and signature (10 to 40 kb size).
- Candidates are required to check their application status after the completion of the application process.
- Candidates should cross-check the mode for giving the MAT 2020 exam, i.e. have you opted for the correct option of Paper-Based Test and Computer Based Test.
MAT 2020 Application fees
The application fee for both (PBT and CBT) MAT exam 2020 is mentioned below:
|For the paper-based test.||The fee will be Rs. 1550/-.|
|For the computer-based test.||The fee will be Rs. 1550/-.|
|For both PBT and CBT exam.||The fee will be Rs. 2650/-.|
Mode of Payment: The application fee of MAT 2020 can be paid in online mode via debit card, credit card or net banking.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
As stated above, the AIMA MAT 2020 is conducted in two modes,
|MAT 2020 Components||Details|
|Duration of test||150 minutes/ 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of questions||200|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for every correct answer and a -0.25 mark deducted for every wrong answer.|
|Negative marking||-0.25 marks for every wrong answer|
|Mode of Language||English|
|Number of sections||5 sections, 40 questions each|
|Format of exam||MCQ|
|Number of options per question||4|
MAT 2020 Syllabus
|MAT 2020 sections||Details|
|Mathematical skills||This section mostly includes questions from the topics time and work, percentage, simple & compound interest, profit and loss, number system, trigonometry, height and distance, LCM and HCF, ratio proportions, clock calendars, time, speed and distance, etc.|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||Logical reasoning will be based on topics like course of actions, family trees, blood relations, numeric grid, pie charts, multi-dimensional arrangement, syllogism, column graph, visual reasoning, etc.|
|Indian and Global environment:||These questions will be based on the current affairs, latest news and general knowledge that the candidate has.|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||The important topics to study in this section are data sufficiency, Venn diagrams, charts, etc. This tests the candidate on the data interpretation skills he/she has practiced.|
|Language Comprehension||This section has questions from topics from English language like grammar, synonyms, reading comprehension, sentence completion and corrections, fill in the blanks, word substitution, etc.|
MAT 2020 Scorecard
The MAT 2020 scorecard is dispatched by AIMA in the last week of the month you have attempted the exam. Any query regarding the non-receipt of MAT score card will be entertained by the AIMA only after the subsequent 15th of the month. A snapshot of what the scorecard looks like is given below:
MAT 2020 Preparation tips
- Once you have completed all the steps above, now you are ready to start preparing for the next and biggest step – MAT 2020 preparation. The first thing to do is to make a strategy and a proper routine that you will need to follow for the rest of the time remaining until the MAT 2020 exam.
- Start by creating a topic wise list of the MAT 2020 syllabus and the topics you are comfortable in and the topics you are not. Start with the topics you are not confident about.
- Giving timely mocks and analyzing them regularly is key to a good score.
- Revise the topics in a timely and regular fashion.
- Be a regular reader of the news, current affairs and other happening in the world.
- Eat healthy and sleep well to retain the information you have studied.
All the best!!