CAT 2020 Application Form: The online CAT exam registration 2020 is expected to begin in the 1st week of August 2020. This year, IIM Indore is speculated to be convening this most sought-after MBA entrance test. The CAT application form 2020 will be available online only, on the official website of IIM-CAT, www.iimcat.ac.in. The management aspirants interested in taking this entrance exam must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent education with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University. Also, a final year student can also apply for the Common Admission Test. Last year, over 2.4 lakh students applied for CAT and the registration count increases every year.
Keep reading this article to know more about CAT 2020 application form, modes to fill it, complete application procedure & application fee etc.
Note: CAT 2020 exam date is expected to be 29 November 2020 and the last date to apply will fall in September 2020.
CAT 2020 Application Form
Before starting with CAT 2020 registration, the candidates must check the eligibility norms to appear for the test. IIM’s and other B-Schools verify the eligibility of candidates at various stages of selection and admission. In order to avoid facing disqualification at later stage, it is advisable for the aspirants to apply for this management entrance test only after ensuring that they are eligible for it.
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As per the CAT exam eligibility criteria, following candidates will be considered eligible to appear for the exam –
- Candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or have an equivalent education can apply for CAT. However, the candidates belonging to General category must ensure that they have passed Bachelor’s with minimum 50% aggregate marks and this percentage is 45% in case of reserved category candidates.
- Students waiting for the result or exams of the final year of Bachelor’s degree can also fill the CAT 2020 application form.
- The candidates having CA/CS/CWA and other permitted professional degrees, passed with 50% marks can also apply for CAT 2020 exam.
- There is no age limitation to appear for the Common Admission Test 2020.
Check Out Top Reasons to do an MBA in 2020
Important Dates related to CAT Application Form 2020
MBA aspirants gearing up to sit for the CAT exam can check all the important events and dates related to application form of CAT 2020 from the table below. It is a tentative schedule and will be updated with the release of notification.
|1||Notification to be released in||July 2020|
|2||Release of application form||August 2020|
|3||Last date to fill and submit form||September 2020|
|4||CAT 2020 exam date||29 November 2020|
|5||Result announcement||Second week of January 2021|
CAT 2020 Registration
As mentioned above, the registration of the CAT exam can be processed in online mode only. To begin with the CAT 2020 application process, the candidates will have to create their student login by filling some basic details in the CAT exam registration form. Only after this registration, the candidates will be able to access the CAT application form 2020.
CAT Application Fee 2020
For completing the application process of CAT 2020, a non-refundable application fee is required to be paid by the candidates. This fee can be paid in online mode only. The details of the fee amount and its payment have been provided in the table below.
|Category of Applicants||Amount of Application Fee||Mode of Payment (Online Only)|
|General and NC-OBC||Rs. 1900||Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking / Cash Card & Wallet|
Internet Browsers to be used for submitting CAT 2020 application form
For uninterrupted online CAT application procedure 2020, the following browsers and versions should be used by the applicants –
- Internet Explorer (Version 7 – 11)
- Mozilla Firefox (Version 14 – 47)
- Google Chrome (Version 20 – 52)
CAT 2020 Application Process
The complete guidelines to fill and submit the application form of CAT 2020 has been detailed below.
Prerequisites for CAT Application Form 2020
There are certain requirements and enclosures which are required for processing the CAT application form submission. The eligible and interested candidates must arrange for this before-hand to make the registration process hassle free.
- Mobile Number and unique valid email id is needed. The candidates must keep this Id and number active till the conclusion of the admission process.
- Details of Education – Make a note of your marks obtained in class 10th, 12th, final percentage of Bachelor’s degree and other as required.
- Details of Work experience – Calculate your months/years of work experience and the other related details.
- Four preferences of CAT exam cities
- Jot down the list of IIMs for yourself, where you wish to apply based on your CAT 2020 percentile.
- Arrange other necessary certificates and documents like category reservation certificates. Download the proforma of NC-OBC/SC/ST & PWD/DA certificate from the official website, fill and get it signed by the appropriate authorities. Thereafter, self-attest it and scan as a .pdf document to be uploaded in the CAT application form 2020.
- Sanned image of photograph and signature in required specifications as mentioned in the table below. Keep a copy of this photograph spare as it will be required to be affixed on the CAT admit card 2020.
CAT 2020 Application Form – Specifications of Photograph and Signature
The table below provides the details of specifications as required for signature and photograph.
|Size (Dimensions)||35mm X 45mm||80mm X 35mm|
|File Format||.jpg or .jpeg||.jpg or .jpeg|
|Others||Should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background||Should be done with black or blue pen on a white paper|
CAT Application Form 2020 – Important points to be kept in mind
- Details in the application form must be filled carefully. These should be valid and correct.
- The opportunity to make changes in the submitted CAT 2020 application form will be provided for editing limited fields only.
- Duration for completing the CAT 2020 application process in one go is 30 minutes only. Failing which, the candidates will have to re-login.
- Fields marked with “*” (asterisk) are mandatory to be filled by the candidates.
Following is the step by step process for online CAT 2020 registration –
Step 1 – Register to receive the User ID & Password
Visit the official website of CAT – iimcat.ac.in. There, click on the button “Register” to begin with CAT 2020 registration. All the candidates must ensure that the required details must be filled correctly as these cannot be changed once submitted. At step 1, the candidates will have to fill the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address – User ID for logging in will be sent on this email ID
- Mobile Number – Password for logging in will be sent as SMS on this number only
After entering the above mentioned details, rewrite the image as shown in the “Captcha box” and click on “I Agree” in the declaration section. On submission of these details, the candidates will receive their respective CAT 2020 login details.
Step 2 – Login at the www.iimcat.ac.in to obtain CAT application form 2020
Now that the candidates have their login details with them, they must login at the official website of IIM CAT as an “Existing User” for accessing and filling the CAT application form.
Step 3 – Filling CAT 2020 Application Form
After successfully logging in at the CAT registration portal, the candidates will be able to access the CAT exam 2020 application form. In it, the candidates will have to fill valid details in 5 sections, which are as follows:
- Personal Details
- 4 Exam Cities in order of preference
- Work Experience
- Details of Programs you wish to study at IIMs
- Payment of application fee
The candidates are advised to recheck the details filled in the form before submitting. Within a few minutes of application form submission, the candidates will receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of CAT 2020 application form. The candidates can view the application summary by logging in. Also, they can download and take a print of the submitted CAT 2020 application form.
CAT 2020 – Assistance Request for PwD Exam Takers
While registering for CAT 2020 exam, the PwD candidates can request for assistance, such as wheelchair, enable the zoom feature or opt for a scribe etc. at the CAT exam centre. Based on the request made in the CAT 2020 application form, a magnifying screen (System Built feature) and a wheel chair will be arranged by the test centre. However, apart from these, the PwD candidates will be required to arrange all other approved means of testing assistance such as abacus, hearing aids, wheelchair, scribe/reader.
Approved Means of Testing Assistance for CAT 2020 PwD Candidates
Below table provides all the details about testing assistance which is expected to be allowed to CAT PwD exam takers and who needs to arrange this assistance.
|S. No.||Testing Assistance||Applicable for||To be Arranged by|
|1||Abacus (without calculator)||Visually Impaired||Candidate|
|2||Hearing Aid||Hearing Impairment||Candidate|
|3||Wheel Chair||Locomotive Disability/ Cerebral Palsy||CAT Test Centre, on request in Application Form|
|4||Magnifying Screen||Visually Impaired||CAT Exam Centre on request (System In built feature)|
|5||Scribe/Reader||Visually Impaired/ Cerebral Palsy||Candidate|
FAQs related to CAT Application Form 2020
We answer here to some of the frequently asked questions related to CAT exam registration –
Q1. I have not completed my Bachelor’s Degree as I am in final year. What marks do I need to enter in the application form?
Answer – All the candidates still in their final year of graduation must provide the aggregate percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
Q2. The name of my University is not mentioned in the drop down list in the application form, what should I do?
Answer – If your university’s name does not appear in the drop down, you may select option as “Others” from the drop down.
Q3. I am a General category candidate and got 49% in the Bachelor’s degree. I have also completed a Master’s degree with 51%, am I eligible to apply for CAT 2020?
Answer – No, you should have obtained 50% or more in the Bachelor’s degree.
Q4. I have completed dual Bachelors’ degree courses (BCom+LLB, BPharm+BTech etc.). How do I enter my marks for two Bachelor degrees?
Answer – In the CAT application form 2020, you must select the option indicating that you have dual Bachelors’ Degrees. You can then enter the details of both qualifications.
Q5. I have done a 5 years integrated course of B.Tech and MBA. As per my university norms first 3.5 years is considered to be B.Tech and remaining 1.5 years is considered to be MBA. How do I enter my marks?
Answer – Such a candidate will have to enter the aggregate percentage of the first 3.5 years under Bachelor’s Degree and remaining 1.5 years under Master’s degree.
Q6. What should I do if I have not received the password or have lost the SMS?
Answer – If you have not received the password or have lost the SMS, click the “Forgot Password option” on the “Existing User” login page. There, you will be prompted to enter a Captcha string. The new password will be sent on your registered email address. The candidates must note that the regenerated password is not sent through SMS.
Q7. I have received multiple passwords. Which password should I enter to login?
Answer – You need to use the password contained in the most recent SMS you have received. In case you are not able to login, you can simply use your user id and click ‘forgot password’. You will receive a new password through email on your registered email id.
Q8. The website is not working and I am not able to complete the registration. What should I do?
Answer – Please ensure that you are using the recommended and updated version of the internet browser for filling the CAT 2020 application form. If still the registration website is not accessible for any reason, contact the CAT Help desk.
About Sunstone Eduversity
At Sunstone Eduversity, industry-oriented MBA and PGDM programs are offered that prepare the students for the ever-evolving business world. The program curriculum focuses on imparting relevant knowledge of business concepts and principles which are genuinely put to use in the real-world. Sunstone has tech-led pedagogy, faculty who have corporate experience and a student-centric approach that transforms the students career and focuses on their holistic development.
Moreover, the fee structure of the management programs and the sense of accountability they take for their student’s careers make Sunstone Eduversity unique. It takes complete responsibility of their student’s success and job placement. To date, it has had 100% placement for all its batches with students placed in good companies like Amazon, Byte Dance (TikTok), Reliance Jio, Flipkart, etc.
Sunstone Eduversity Fee Structure
They have two fee plans which are as follow:
- Pay after Placement – Students pay a nominal fee at the time of admission, and only after getting a job on the completion of the course, they pay the full course fees.
- Money Back Guarantee – Students pay a fixed amount of fee at the time of admission and get a refund of tuition fees in case not placed.
For more details on Sunstone’s Fee Structure – Click Here