SNAP 2020: Cut-off, Result & Preparation
8th September, 2020
Table of Contents
SNAP or the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is one of the most premium MBA entrance examinations in the country. Conducted by the Symbiosis International (Deemed) University, the exam serves as the entrance examination to the 15 institutes that come under the parent university. Given the overwhelming number of students who have started appearing at the exam, it is important for candidates to have a well-formulated strategy. This blog is aimed at the ways SNAP scorecards can be downloaded along with the expected cutoffs and general preparation tips and guidelines.
SNAP 2020: Download Scorecard Here
SNAP 2020 scorecard is not available since the results have not yet been announced. Once the results are announced, scorecards will be available on the official SNAP website.
NOTE: Candidates can download their individual SNAP scorecards with the link provided in the following steps:
- Access the SNAP website (www.snaptest.org).
- Go to the ‘Scorecard’ tab.
- This will redirect you to a different website. Once the symbiosis login page loads, log in by entering the SNAP registration ID and password attributed to you into their respective fields.
Once the candidate logs in, the scorecard will be readily available for direct printout or downloading as a PDF file. Desktop browsers are recommended, as the website is not optimized for smartphone access. The candidate should produce several printout hard-copies of SNAP score card and SNAP admit card 2020 for the remainder of the admission process.
The scorecard will contain basic identification as submitted by the candidate in the SNAP form, including the candidate’s full name, allotted roll number, signature and photograph. The candidate will also find both their sectional and overall score, their overall percentile score, and the SNAP test conductors’ verification stamp. Note that SNAP scorecard will not include further information regarding the GE (Group Examination), WAP (Written Ability Test), and Personal Interaction test dates, or the respective call letters thereof.
SNAP 2020 Result
The date for SNAP result of 2020 has not been stated officially yet. Based on the persistently same schedule in the past 5 years, SNAP results are out roughly one month after the computer-based SNAP test takes place. Both SNAP 2019 and 2018 had the same SNAP result date – 10 January 2020 and 10 January 2019 respectively. With an estimated SNAP entrance exam date of 15th December 2020, candidates can expect to see the results declared in the second week of January 2021.
|SNAP 2020 Exam Details||SNAP Dates 2020|
|SNAP 2020 Notification Release||First week of August 2020 (tentatively)|
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences||Third week of August, 2020 (tentatively)|
|SNAP 2020 Last Date to Apply||Third week of November, 2020 (tentatively)|
|SNAP 2020 Last Date to Pay Exam Fee||Third week of November, 2020 (tentatively)|
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on the website||First week of December, 2020 (tentatively)|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Date (Tentatively)||Third Sunday of December, 2020 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Announcement of Result||January 10, 2021|
|Short listing of candidates for GE, PI &WAT for SNAP 2020||3rd week of January 2021|
|General Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test for SNAP 2020||1st week of February 2021|
|Final Merit List for SNAP 2020||4th week of February 2021|
Before the SNAP 2020 result is directly published, candidates have the option to approximate their section scores by tallying their answer selection with the correct ones using the SNAP answer key. Estimated disclosure date for the SNAP answer key is one week after the SNAP exam. Relative to the actual SNAP entrance test date, candidates can expect this to be sometime in the third week of December 2020. It should also be noted that there will be a window of three days or more for claims regarding the legitimacy of the answers. Should the candidate choose to challenge the official answer key, they can do so at a fee of 500 INR per answer contested within this three-day window. If the official answer is proven false, the 500 INR fee will then be refunded to the candidate and scores will be re-evaluated accordingly.
The candidates will be notified via their correspondence mail address and SMS when the answer key is released. The candidate can find it under the ‘Answer Key’ tab on the snap test website. As with the scorecard, it requires the candidate to enter their symbiosis login ID and password. The candidate can challenge the SNAP answers directly from the answer key by clicking on the target question, providing a document backing up the objection, and depositing the challenge fee via debit card or internet banking. The SNAP last date to contest the official answer key will not be extended beyond the announced three-day period, so the candidate should not dawdle.
SNAP 2020 Cutoff
The SNAP 2020 exam is yet to be conducted. After the results of the online test are out, the candidates will be called to additional tests (GE, WAP, PI) to individual SNAP-affiliated institutes. The basis on which institutes shortlist candidates for the second round of tests (GE/PI) is the SNAP exam percentile. Individual cutoffs for SNAP 2020 will be disclosed in the third week of January 2021 (approximately a week after the SNAP 2020 result date).
The following table shows the 2018 and 2019 percentile cutoffs for all Symbiosis institutes with an MBA programme, and the probable cutoff for SNAP 2020. These are only projected assessments for the participating institutes, sorted from the lowest cutoff requirement to the highest. The real cutoffs may vary, subject to various external factors.
|Name of College/University||City||Expected cutoff in SNAP 2020||Cutoff in SNAP 2019||Cutoff in SNAP 2018|
|SSSS (Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences)||Pune||50||50||55|
|SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management)||Hyderabad||55||55||60|
|SIHS (Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences)||Pune||58||55||60|
|SSBF (Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance)||Pune||60||58||65|
|SSMC (Symbiosis School for Media and Communication)||Bengaluru||74||72||74|
|SCIT (Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology)||Pune||74||74||75|
|SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication)||Pune||75||70||72|
|SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies)||Pune||77||75||76|
|SITM (Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management)||Pune||82||81||83|
|SICSR(Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research)||Pune||82||80||82|
|SIOM(Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management)||Nashik||87||85||87.5|
|SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management)||Bengaluru||90||88||90|
|SIIB(Symbiosis Institute of International Business)||Pune||93||92||93.2|
|SCMHRD(Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development)||Pune||96||95||97.13|
|SIBM(Symbiosis Institute of Business Management)||Pune||98||96||98|
NOTE: that qualifying the SNAP exam cutoff does not directly grant admission to an MBA programme in a college.
The candidate’s overall SNAP score is, however, factored into a weighted average to determine the final merit list. The following table describes the formula used to determine the final SNAP 2020 merit score.
|Name of test||Weight (Out of 100)|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Score||50|
|Writing Aptitude Test (WAT)||10|
|Group Examination (GE)||10|
|Personal Interview (PI)||30|
Individual institutes may have other caveats for admission, with emphasis on different conditions like past academic achievements and work experience.
SNAP 2020 Participating Business Schools
A total of 16 Institutions under Symbiosis International makes SNAP 2020 mandatory for candidature in their individual admission systems. Located in various cities across India, all of them offer the MBA degree with different strains of specialization. Note that 13 other Symbiosis Institutions do not make the SNAP test mandatory, but these do not offer any form of MBA either.
The additional application fees are to be deposited on top of the 1750 INR fee for SNAP 2020 registration in order to be considered for shortlisting in the respective institutes.
Candidates can see a detailed breakdown of fee structures for their preferred colleges via the following steps:
- Go to the snaptest main website (snaptest.org).
- Find your target SNAP-affiliated MBA institute on the home screen, and click the ‘View More’ tab.
- On the new page, click ‘Fees Structure’ at the bottom of the list (Quick Links) on the left. This will show you a PDF with monetary details on admission, tuition, and hostel fees where applicable.
SNAP 2020 Last Minute Preparation Tips
As is the case with any examination, last minute jitters are the order of the day. To tide over such problems, here’s a list of some of the tips you can consider incorporating into your preparation to avoid losing your nerves on the day of the examination.
- Time-bound preparation: Focus on identifying and completing the parts of the syllabus which are important from the examination point of view. Different sections contribute to the result differently, and it’s important to remember that while devoting time to study the chapters.
- Accuracy is essential: Unlike your school or college examinations, SNAP is not an examination of inclusion, but one of exclusion. This means that you need to remember that merely scoring is not important. You must be accurate in your choice of answers. It is important to remember that your score should be above the expected cut off and at par with the college and course you wish to join.
- Mocks and previous years question papers: While the examination format of SNAP has changed over the years, the questions largely haven’t. Solve mock papers and be familiar with the previous year question papers as they would help you gauge what may be expected from you during the exam.
- Pay extra attention to certain subjects: GK and english has long been a problem area. Partly because these subjects cannot be picked up in a short span of time. Make sure your GK is brushed up and up to date.
- Practice Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: A lot of practice should be done in this area since the questions asked are generally simple. The problem is speed. Students cannot complete this section within the stipulated time period. In this regard it is important to practice the various chapters that come under this area.
- Revision: One cannot stress enough on the revision. Make sure you go through the various formulas and concepts that you had studied earlier. A judicious approach in this regard will help you retain the essentials and help you score better.
- Be calm and poised: In the lead up to the examination, do not get tense and freak out over studying new things. Keep calm and revise everything you have studied before. If there’s a long chapter that you have not studied yet, do not pick it up on the day before the exam. Play to your strengths and score the maximum out of what you have studied.
SNAP 2020 Guidelines for Test Day
- On the estimated date of SNAP 2020 test (15 December 2020), the candidate must appear at the assigned test centre by 12:30 AM. Their presence will be verified by the test centre personnel. This includes verification of a valid ID and the SNAP 2020 admit card, and collection of biometrics including a digital fingerprint and retina scan.
- The SNAP 2020 test will likely take place from 2 PM to 4 PM IST on the aforementioned date. Any candidates reporting in after 2:10 PM will be denied entrance without exception. The test will automatically terminate at 4 PM, and no extra time will be awarded under any circumstance. As per SNAP test rules, a candidate is not allowed to leave the hall before 2:45 PM. Upon exiting the hall, re-entry is impermissible.
- No electronic gadgets or devices with memory and/or in-built calculator mechanisms will be allowed into the examination hall. This includes cell phones, digital watches, and alarm clocks. Loose sheets and a pen will be provided to the candidate on-site. The candidate should only bring a valid ID proof, and copies of their SNAP admit card.
- Usage of any unfair means during the SNAP test will be tantamount to cancellation of candidature.
- In order to take the test in the Differently Abled category, the candidate must present scanned copies of medical certificates verifying for their percentage of disability. To this end, differently-abled candidates are encouraged to mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If a differently-abled candidate does not proactively submit the relevant documents, they will only be allowed to take the test under the Open Category.
As a gateway exam to all MBA colleges under Symbiosis International, scoring high in SNAP 2020 is crucial for students trying to pursue MBA in these prestigious colleges. The important dates regarding SNAP 2020 have not been announced officially due to uncertainties created by the pandemic. However, candidates should assume the test will take place in the third week of December 2020 and start their preparation accordingly. If you intend to take the SNAP 2020 exam, we extend the best of our wishes to you.
About Sunstone Eduversity
At Sunstone Eduversity, industry-oriented MBA and PGDM programs prepare the students for the ever-evolving business world. Furthermore, the curriculum focuses on imparting relevant knowledge of business concepts and principles which are genuinely put to use in the real world. Sunstone has tech-led pedagogy, faculty who have corporate experience and a student-centric approach that transforms the students’ career and focuses on their holistic development.
Moreover, the fee structure of the management programs and the sense of accountability they take for their student’s careers make Sunstone Eduversity unique. It takes complete responsibility of their student’s success and job placement. To date, it has had 100% placement for all its batches with students placed in good companies like Amazon, Byte Dance (TikTok), Reliance Jio, Flipkart, etc.
Upskill yourself with industry-aligned management programs, tech-led pedagogy and economical fee payment plans – Apply Now
Sunstone Eduversity Fee Structure
They have two fee plans which are as follow:
- Pay After Placement – Students pay a nominal fee at the time of admission, and only after getting a job on the completion of the course, they pay the full course fees.
- Money-Back Guarantee – Students pay a fixed amount of fee at the time of admission and get a refund of tuition fees in case not placed.
For more details on Sunstone’s Fee Structure – Click Here