To crack Management Aptitude Test (MAT) with a high score and percentile, it is important for the candidates to prepare for the test as per the exam pattern. Along with the exam notification, AIMA has released the official MAT exam pattern which is available on the official website, mat.aima.in.
MAT Exam will be conducted in computer-based (CBT) and paper-based (PBT) modes. 200 multiple-choice questions will be asked in MAT 2022 divided into 5 sections.
Keep reading this post to know all about MAT paper pattern, details on sections, marking scheme, duration and more.
MAT 2022 March-April Schedule
for Paper-Based Test (PBT) mode
|Registration begins||January 2022 (first week)|
|Registration closes||March 2022 (first week)|
|Admit card releases||March 2022 (second week)|
|Date of exam||March 2022 (second week)|
|Release of results||April 2022|
For Computer-Based Test (CBT) Mode
|Registration begins||January 2022 (first week)|
|Registration closes||February 2022 (first/second week)|
|Admit card releases||February 2022 (last week)|
|Date of exam||February/March 2022|
|Release of results||April 2022|
2022 MAT Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing for this MBA entrance test in the year 2022 must go through the paper pattern of MAT 2022 to have an understanding of how the question paper will be set. Having knowledge of the MAT 2022 exam pattern will help the candidates have smart study, exactly from the exam point of view and thus save a lot of time.
MAT test pattern 2022 defines the structure of the exam in terms of duration, the number of questions to be asked, the number of sections the question paper will have, marking scheme etc.
PAY YOUR MBA FEES ONLY AFTER GETTING PLACED
An understanding of the MAT test pattern 2022 will help the candidates have an effective exam preparation. Along with the paper pattern, it is important for the candidates to focus on studying for the exam as per the MAT syllabus 2022.
2022 MAT Exam Pattern – Overview
|Mode of Exam||Paper-Based Test (PBT)Computer-Based Test (CBT)Internet-Based Test (IBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5|
|Options for each question||4|
|Duration of test||150 minutes (2.5 hours)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every question|
|Negative marking||0.25 of the total mark|
Features of 2022 MAT Exam Pattern
The specifications of the MAT 2022 exam are as follows:
Mode of MAT 2020 Exam
- There will be Computer-based tests (CBT) and Paper-based tests (PBT) and Internet-based tests (IBT). Candidates can opt for a maximum of 2 modes in any combination by paying an additional fee of Rs 1100.
- As mentioned in the MAT paper pattern 2022, the candidates will have to mark answers in an OMR answer sheet in the paper-based MAT 2021 test, using either a blue or black ballpoint pen. Any kind of rough work must also be done on the Question Booklet only. No separate sheet will be provided for rough work.
- While in a computer-based test, the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer and they submit the answers using a keyboard or mouse.
- The internet-based test can be taken by the candidate from home and it will be remotely proctored using AI and a human proctor. Candidates must ensure that the device meets the standard prescribed by AIMA and should have a good internet connection with minimum interruptions.
Language of MAT Exam
According to the MAT 2022 exam pattern, all the instructions and the questions in the test will be in English only.
The candidates will be given 2.5 hours (150 minutes) to attempt the test.
Type and No. of Questions asked in AIMA MAT
A total of 200 objective type questions will be asked in the exam as per the MAT 2022 test pattern, distributed in 5 sections. Each of the questions will have 4 choices and the candidates will have to mark 1 correct answer. The objective of the MAT exam is to ascertain the aptitude of candidates willing to undergo a Post Graduate Programme in Management.
No. of Sections in MAT
As mentioned before, the questions in the MAT exam 2022 will be asked from the 5 sections –
- Data analysis and sufficiency
- Language Comprehension
- Indian & global environment
- Mathematical Skills
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Sectional Timings in MAT 2022
MAT exam 2022 will not have time limits for individual sections. Candidates can use the entire 150 minutes in any way they want, to solve 200 questions in total.
Important Topics for MAT
The preparation for MAT 2022 is similar to other management entrance exams. In fact, compared to CAT, the difficulty level of the MAT exam is between easy to moderate. To help with your preparation, we have listed the important topics from each of the 5 sections of MAT 2022.
Data analysis and sufficiency
- Graphs (line, area)
- Charts (column, bar, pie)
- Venn diagram.
- Reading Comprehension passage
- Antonyms/synonyms of words & phrases in the passage;
- Statements as either True/False
- The main idea in the passage
Indian & Global Environment
- National and international awards
- Laws of taxation & duties
- Constitution of India
- Important personalities
- Sports events and awards
- Current Affairs
- Time and Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Geometry Mensuration
- Permutation and Combinations
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Family Relation
- Statements- Cause & Effect
- Clocks & Calendars
- Statement –Assumptions, Reasons, Analogies
- Incorrect Terms
MAT Marking Scheme 2022
An idea about the marking scheme of the MAT exam will help the candidates formulate their exam taking strategy. Knowing that how many marks will be deducted for marking correct and incorrect answers, it becomes easy for the candidates to ascertain whether playing the guessing game will be safe or not.
MAT 2022 marking scheme will be mentioned on the test paper and on the computer screens for the CBT exam. For the time being, the candidates can check the table below to know the MAT exam marking scheme.
Marking Scheme – Important Details
|Exam to be marked out of||200 total score|
|Maximum scaled score out of which percentile score will be awarded||800|
|Number of questions considered for percentile calculation||160|
|For every correct answer||+1 mark|
|For every wrong answer||-1/4th mark (0.25 mark to be deducted)|
|Sections considered for percentile calculation||4|
|Section NOT considered for MAT exam percentile calculation||Indian & Global Environment section|
About Sunstone Eduversity
More than 300+ MBA colleges accept MAT scores including Sunstone Eduversity which offers industry-oriented MBA and PGDM programs that prepare the students for the ever-evolving business world. The program curriculum focuses on imparting relevant knowledge of business concepts and principles which are genuinely put to use in the real world. Sunstone has tech-led pedagogy, faculty who have corporate experience and a student-centric approach that transforms the students’ career and focuses on their holistic development.
Moreover, the fee structure of the management programs and the sense of accountability they take for their student’s careers make Sunstone Eduversity unique. It takes complete responsibility for its student’s success and job placement. To date, it has had 100% placement for all its batches with students placed in good companies like Amazon, Byte Dance (TikTok), Reliance Jio, Flipkart, etc.
Sunstone Eduversity Fee Structure
They have two fee plans which are as follow:
- Pay After Placement – Students pay a nominal fee at the time of admission, and only after getting a job on the completion of the course, they pay the full course fees.
- Money-Back Guarantee – Students pay a fixed amount of fee at the time of admission and get a refund of tuition fees in case not placed.
For more details on Sunstone’s Fee Structure – Click Here
- Management skills employers look for
- How to become industry-ready and earn high salary?
- Frequently asked GD/PI questions
- Worth of an MBA degree under threat?
- Do business school rankings really matter?
FAQs on the MAT Exam Pattern
What are the total marks of MAT?
The total marks in MAT exam 2022 will be 200. There would be 200 questions with 1 mark for each correct answer and a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
Is GK counted in MAT?
GK is not counted in MAT and candidates tend to attempt very few questions in the Indian and Global Environment section. The final composite score and percentile are based on the other 4 sections.