MAH CET 2020 Preparation Tips to Help Crack the Exam
28th February, 2020
Table of Contents
MAH CET 2020 Preparation Tips
The MAH CET 2020 Preparation tips is what is actively being searched by all the candidates. The exam is scheduled to take place on March 14 & 15 2020 as released by State Common Entrance Test Cell. The Maharashtra CET for MBA is conducted by the government of Maharashtra. The MAH MBA CET 2020 exam is an online-based exam consisting of 200 questions to be completed in 150 minutes.
With just a few days left for D-day, its time to get in gear to ensure your best Preparation for the MH CET 2020. Optimize and manage the remaining time left to prepare.
The MAH CET 2020 Key Highlights
MAH CET 2020 Exam
|MBA CET Sections||Logical Reasoning (75Q)
Abstract Reasoning (25Q)Quantitative Aptitude (50Q)Verbal ability & Reading comprehension (50Q)
|Total number of Questions||200|
|Type & Mode of Exam||MCQ type, Computer-based|
|Choices per question||5|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|MAH CET marking scheme||+1 for each correct answer
No negative marking
MAH CET 2020 Preparation tips Overview
When the exam is just around the corner, one needs to focus on revising the basics and having a fruitful preparation strategy
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern
- Take guidance from preparation books and online coaching material.
- Analyse your performance in the mock tests.
- Last-minute MAH CET 2020 Preparation tips
I. Knowing the Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The syllabus is released by the State Common Entrance Test on the official website (mahcet.org). The exam is divided into 4 sections comprising a total of 200 questions. The exam is computer-based, which means it is timed to end when 150 minutes are up. The section-wise topics and advice are given below.
- Logical Reasoning & Abstract Reasoning (75+25 questions) – Linear & Circular Arrangement, Series Completion, Coding, Symbol-based Comparison, Venn Diagram, Blood Relations, Sequential Output, Direction Sence, Conditional coding
Advice: Practice is key. During the preparation for MAH CET 2020 Exam, Practice doing at least 15-20 questions every day. The abstract reasoning questions will be based on the same topics but will be asked in a more abstract kind of way, testing your imaginative and abstracting thinking skills.
2. Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions): Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Mensuration, Time & Work, Probability, Geometry, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Height & Distance, Logarithms, Permutation & combinations, probability, Profit -loss, DI- graphs, tables, charts, data
Advice: Brush up the basics. This section is highly mathematical and it will help if your maths basics are strong. Before attempting questions for the MAH MBA CET 2020 preparation, brush up your basics and revise each every formula from eighth grade and up. The key to cracking this section is to adopt quick calculation methods and to time the practice questions and mocks.
3. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (50 questions): Grammar, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Ability and Vocabulary, error correction, sentence completion, arrangement, verbs, adjectives, grammar, unseen passage, spelling/inappropriate usage
Advice: Know at least 5-10 new words with meaning and usage daily. Read online blogs, newspaper, magazine articles, novels etc. Practice sample questions to crack the reading
II. MAH CET 2020 Preparation & Study Material
Books and publications for MAH CET MBA 2020As MAH CET MBA 2020 is similar to other management entrance exams you might have prepared for, hence you can practice questions from those books.
- Keep your ninth & tenth-grade mathematics book handy. The basics to many of the topics lie in the concepts we learn in these grades.
- The main books that would help you prepare are your ninth grade-twelfth grade books.
- MAH CET 2020 eBook compilations can be found online, along with previous years of practice papers and questions. As a result, helping you save the money spent on buying new preparatory books.
- At such a time when the exam is maybe just 10 days away, you should aim at solving at least one practise or mock test everyday. You should also refer to the previous year questions to get an idea of the type of questions asked in the past years.
Some useful reference books and publications are
- MH-CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide – Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Guide (RPH Editorial board) – Priyanka Prakashan
- Pearson guide to CET: MBA Maharashtra – Vandana Thorpe
- Maharashtra MBA MH-CET 2020 – Arihant Publications
- Study material (all sections) of MBA CET Maharashtra – Chandresh Agarwal
III. Analyse your Mock tests and Practice questions.
A very important part of preparing for the MBA CET 2020 is attempting mock papers and the other important part is analysing your answers and changing your plan accordingly.
- Time yourself while attempting the mock. The duration of the exam is 150 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes. There is no sectional time limit.
- A few days before the exam, pay extra attention to weak areas and if you feel you need to modify your MAH CET preparation strategy.
- Revise your formulas. Do not limit your revision just to mathematical formulas, revise the formulas for the logical and abstract reasoning sections.
- Manage your time well and avoid silly calculation mistakes. To practice accuracy, set a time limit lesser than that of 150 minutes. Some last-minute preparation tips
IV. Some Last-minute MAH CET 2020 Preparation Tips
- Make a time table, it doesn’t matter how much time you have left. Making a time table to manage your time may probably be the difference.
- Know the exam pattern well. This will help you prepare and build on the topics where you already have prior knowledge about the concept. You mustn’t begin with topics you are not familiar with.
- Take breaks. It has been proved, our brains need time to process any new information provided, and so we should take a timely break, which will help us focus better on what we were revising after a break.
- Try to connect with some quality teachers and students who have already prepared or aced the MHT CET Exam. Seeking proper guidance can help you strategize your time better and to make sure that you adhere to it.
- Making a time -table is vital for your time management. If you have already missed on some time earlier and just have a few days to prepare for the exam, you need to manage your time smartly to at least once go through all the topics and types of questions.
- Whatever concept you study or practice, make notes. These notes will help you quickly revise a topic right before the exam.
- The MAH CET 2020 Exam does not have negative marking, this surely affects how you prepare for the MAH CET 2020 last minute. Our aim should be to attempt all questions and hence all the more reason to plan and manage our time well.
- Be prepared with the hardcopy of your admit card and all the required documents as per the instructions given on the admit card. Take along a photo identification at all costs.
All The Best!
About Sunstone Eduversity
Sunstone Eduversity offers India’s first Pay after Placement management post-graduate program, where you complete your management education first, get placement and then pay the course fee. You pay the fee only after getting placed in a well-paying job else you pay no fee. By working on this revolutionary fee structure, Sunstone intends to take complete accountability of students’ careers and ensure them MBA placement.
According to the pay after placement model, the course fee to be paid by the student is relative to the salary bagged by the student, this is another plus of the pay after placement model by Sunstone.