IGNOU MBA entrance exam is conducted twice every year. In addition to conducting the IGNOU OPENMAT, the NTA is responsible for assessing the result also. For this year the OPENMAT will be conducted on 11th November 2021. IGNOU OPENMAT Results will be released via online mode only. The students can check their results by logging in through their application number and password. The cutoff and merit list will be simultaneously available.
IGNOU OPENMAT Result Highlights
The IGNOU OPENMAT exam result 2021 will be released in the form of a scorecard which will declare whether the candidate has cleared the exam as per the fixed IGNOU OPENMAT cutoff. Based on the IGNOU OPENMAT result, qualified students are eligible to apply for various MBA and PGDM courses offered at the Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU). More importantly, a student should be familiar with the IGNOU OPENMAT exam pattern to get a good result. The IGNOU XLVIII result will be available online only and will have to be downloaded.
IGNOU OPENMAT Result Dates
Before moving on to how to download the IGNOU OPENMAT Scorecard, let’s take a quick look at the important dates for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021.
|IGNOU OPENMAT Event||Date|
|OPEN MAT Exam||11th November 2021|
|Result declaration||5th February 2022|
How to check IGNOU OPENMAT results?
Candidates can check their IGNOU OPENMAT result online on the official website of NTA or the official IGNOU website. Just like the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 admit card, the OPEN MAT result is also only available online and will have to be downloaded.
Steps to download IGNOU OPENMAT scorecard
It is advised to follow the given steps to successfully check your IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 result. Above all, you can use the following pointers as checkpoints to check your result successfully.
- Go to the official website of NTA or the official IGNOU website
- Enter your application number and password given to you at the time of application
- Then you’ll have to enter the security pin to verify your credentials
- After that, the result of the candidate will be displayed on-screen and then they can check their results
- After checking their results, the candidates can take a printout of their online result copy for later use
Details mentioned on the IGNOU OPENMAT scorecard
The IGNOU OPENMAT scorecard is in itself a very important document. In addition, the IGNOU MBA 2021 scorecard will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- The total marks scored by the candidate in the exam and also the section-wise distribution of the marks obtained by the candidate.
How to calculate the IGNOU OPENMAT result?
IGNOU OPENMAT answer key will be released approximately after two weeks of the exam date. Candidates can assess their performance and estimate their scores after checking the answer key. Officially, the IGNOU OPENMAT exam results will be declared around 5th February 2022.
IGNOU OPENMAT Cutoff
The IGNOU OPENMAT cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks that the candidate needs to achieve for clearing the exam. In other words, after the candidates manage to achieve the desired cut-off, they can move forward with the admission processes into IGNOU MBA programmes.
Candidates’ names will appear on the final merit list based on the cutoff percentage of IGNOU OPENMAT exam result 2021. In addition, the IGNOU OPENMAT cutoff will be declared after the result declaration.
Factors determining IGNOU OPENMAT Cutoff
IGNOU declares the cutoff on the basis of a number of parameters. The factors determining the cutoff of OPENMAT 2021 are:
- The number of candidates who appeared in the OPENMAT 2021 exam.
- The number of seats vacant in the particular year for the programme.
- The highest score in the examination of that year. Along with the highest score, the lower limit score is also key to set the cut-off for that particular year.
IGNOU OPENMAT admission process
In addition to making the cut-off and being eligible for IGNOU management programs. Candidates who will qualify as per the OPENMAT cut-off marks have to download the admission form (Form no. 2 in the prospectus) and fill the form for counselling to get admission in colleges accepting IGNOU OPENMAT scores.
Documents to carry at the day of selection
- Education qualification document including mark sheets for grades 10th, 12th and other important certificates.
- Graduation Marksheet and certificates
- IGNOU OPENMAT XLVIII Scorecard
- OPENMAT 2021 Application Form (along with confirmation copy)
- MBA OPENMAT Admission Form (Form no. 2) with a recent photograph
- OPENMAT admit card for IGNOU MBA 2021 entrance exam
- Work Experience certificate by employers (if required)
- Reserved category certificates if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- Identity card (duly filled up)
- Demand Draft of course fee Rs. 1800/- drawn in favour of ‘IGNOU’ and to be payable at the city where the regional centre is located
In conclusion, the final admission will be based on OPENMAT cut off, course eligibility criteria and other guidelines as mentioned by IGNOU.
TOP colleges accepting IGNOU OPENMAT scores
IGNOU OPENMAT scores are accepted in all the top IGNOU centres across the country. The list of top IGNOU centres accepting OPENMAT scores has been given in the table below.
|1.||IGNOU Kolkata||West Bengal|
FAQs related to IGNOU OPENMAT results
How can I check my IGNOU OPENMAT result?
The IGNOU OPENMAT results can be viewed and downloaded on the official website of IGNOU. Candidates can visit the official website and enter the login credential to check their IGNOU OPENMAT result.
What is the cut-off for OPENMAT?
The qualifying marks for IGNOU OPENMAT is between 60 to 80 – i.e above 40%.
Is there any sectional cutoff in OPENMAT?
No, there aren’t any sectional cut-offs in the IGNOU OPENMAT examination. Only the total score is taken into account while calculating the IGNOU OPENMAT cutoffs.