IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 preparation is at its peak with the National Testing Agency(NTA) conducting the MBA entrance exam on 29th April 2020. Candidates appearing for the IGNOU MBA entrance exam must start their preparation with the right strategy in mind. Though the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 syllabus is not released officially, based on the previous year topics we have prepared a section-wise preparation tips and strategy to help you ace the exam.
Based on the previous year cut-offs, a good score is at least 50% i.e 100 marks. But if you want to get a higher score, we would suggest you follow a strategy and have a time-managed approach. Before moving onto the section-wise preparation tips, let us look at an overview of the IGNOU MBA entrance exam,
|IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam date||29th April 2020|
|Number of Questions||200 questions|
|Total marks||200, 1 mark each|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
|Total time||180 minutes or 3 hours|
The IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 admit card is out 9th April 2020. So, make a time table, practice mocks and for the general awareness section, keep yourself updated with the latest happenings.
In this article, we bring you section wise IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII preparation tips along with some general tips you should follow on the day of the exam.
Section-wise IGNOU OPENMAT preparation tips
As IGNOU OPENMAT covers different subjects such as Logical Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness, it is necessary to frame a strategy based on topic wise segregation for effective preparation. The section-wise preparation for IGNOU OPENMAT is elaborated below.
- Refer to online resources for general awareness questions. Keep up with the latest happenings, especially in the country. Manorama Year Book is one of the most popular and sought after current affairs book.
- Read the newspaper daily. This will give you a ton of information on various topics like politics, laws & regulations, famous people etc.
- There are mobile apps and websites dedicated to providing users with the latest, precise and researched news & happenings like INSHORTS, Reddit. One should make use of these apps and other digital platforms regularly.
- Brush up your 9th & 10th-grade mathematics basics. The quantitative aptitude sections in various other exams also are designed to test the general numerical reasoning and aptitude that the candidate possesses. These mathematical and numerical skills are built in the grades 8th to 10th and so, practice your basics!
- There are other quantitative aptitude practice books that you could get a hold of, both online and offline. These books could also be practice books for other competitive management exams, it is still great practice.
- Try giving as many practice mocks as possible. There are many previous years practice question papers and mock test online.
- This section consists of the maximum number of questions and is the most challenging. As advised for the quant section, practice as many questions as possible.
- Gain knowledge about the many tricks and shortcuts to solve the many questions in this section. Logical and abstract reasoning questions generally involve tricks to solve them.
English or Verbal Ability
- Learn the meanings, usage and spellings of at least 5 new words every day.
- Practice grammar questions like Sentence Correction, Basic Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms, and Antonyms.
- Improve your vocabulary by reading daily.
General IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: Must know about the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern, syllabus, and other details to know about it more and for ease preparation.
- Create a time table and follow it: It is very important to adhere to the time table until the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam. Make sure to give equal preparation time to all sections.
- Take a look at previous papers: Prepare previous year sample papers.
- Get your basics right to have a clear understanding of concepts: It is advised to clear your basic concepts first before preparing for new topics when it comes to the IGNOU MBA entrance exam.
- Do Mock tests: Solve as many mock tests as possible in a timed fashion. This will help you check you’re how accurate and fast you are answering in the mock tests.
- Avoid new topics at the last moment: avoid preparing new topics at the very last minute as this may result in last moment confusion between concepts.
- Revise: Once you have finished studying and started mocks, keep revising in the topics remain so that they remain fresh in your memory. For this, formulating a revision plan is a crucial technique.
- Have a question-solving strategy in place: Learn to pick out those questions first that you are comfortable answering. Keep the tougher ones for later.
The IGNOU OPENMAT enables students to get admission into the national university for a distance MBA or PGDM program. One should also explore full-time or regular MBA programs with a cutting edge curriculum, that prepares you for the ever-changing business world, like the programs offered at Sunstone Eduversity.
About Sunstone Eduversity
Sunstone Eduversity offers industry-oriented MBA and PGDM programs, designed to prepare students for a dynamic business world. The regularly updated curriculum imparts relevant core business skills and knowledge, focussing on the principles and concepts a student can put to use in the real world from day one. Sunstone has a state of the art tech-led pedagogy, faculty with extensive corporate experience and a student-centric approach, all of which help us in transforming careers and individuals.
In addition, the fee structure of the management programs at Sunstone Eduversity inspire in us a sense of accountability for the student’s careers, making Sunstone Eduversity truly one of a kind. At Sunstone, we take complete responsibility for the career success and job placement of the student. Furthermore, till date, we have a 100% placement record for all our batches with students being placed in great companies like Amazon, Byte Dance (TikTok), Reliance Jio, Flipkart, etc.
Sunstone Eduversity Fee Structure
Two unique working fee plans at Sunstone Eduversity are:
- Pay After Placement – Students pay a nominal fee at the time of admission, and only after getting a job on the completion of the course, they pay the full course fees.
- Money-Back Guarantee – Students pay a fixed amount of fee at the time of admission and get a refund of tuition fees in case not placed.
For more details on Sunstone’s Fee Structure – Click Here