CMAT result 2022 will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) tentatively in the first week of February. The CMAT result along with your scorecard will be available on the official website which you can download by using your login ID.
After the declaration of the CMAT 2022 result, the NTA will release a merit list of successful candidates following which MBA admissions based on CMAT will start soon after.
The CMAT result score is accepted for admission to 1,000+ B-Schools in India. If you qualify for the CMAT exam of 2022, you can apply to those MBA colleges and seek admission into the post-graduate Management course of your choice. The admission is based on the CMAT score/cut-off, followed by a Group Discussion (GD), and a Personal Interview (PI).
Below is a comprehensive list of expected dates with regards to the CMAT exam:
|CMAT 2022 Registration Beginning Date||First Week of November 2021|
|Registration Last Date||Last Week of December 2021|
|CMAT 2022 Exam||Last Week of January 2022|
|CMAT Answer Key Release||First Week of February 2022|
|CMAT 2021 Result Announcement||First Week of February 2022|
How to check CMAT result 2022?
You can download the CMAT result 2022 from the official website of NTA. Given below are the steps to help you download your CMAT exam result:
- Log on to CMAT official website.
- Click on the ‘CMAT 2022 NTA scorecard’ tab.
- Enter your CMAT 2022 login credentials (application number and password or date of birth).
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Download your CMAT scorecard and save it on your desktop.
The following are the details mentioned in your CMAT result score card:
- Your name and roll number
- Your date of birth
- Your category and gender
- Your guardian’s name
- CMAT registration number
- CMAT score (sectional)
- CMAT score (overall)
- CMAT percentile (sectional)
- CMAT percentile (overall)
- Qualifying status
- Your contact details
How is CMAT Percentile Calculated?
The CMAT percentile score is calculated on the basis of the rank of a candidate and the total number of candidates who appeared in the exam. Here is the formula for calculating your CMAT percentile prescribed by NTA:
Percentile P = 100 x Number of candidates appeared in the examination with raw marks equal to or less than the candidate/Total number of candidates appeared
For example, if about 10,000 candidates appeared in CMAT and you scored the highest marks (350/400). Since you have scored the highest in the exam, your rank will be 1, and your CMAT percentile score will be: 100 x 9999/10,000= 99.99.
CMAT Marking Scheme
According to the CMAT exam pattern, the marking scheme is as follows:
- For each correct answer, you will be awarded four marks.
- For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
- For each unanswered question, no mark will be allotted.
- Your total CMAT marks will be calculated by totaling the marks gained or lost in each question.
The all India rank and merit list of CMAT is arrived upon on the basis of the overall CMAT result. In case, the CMAT scores of more than one candidates are the same, the ranking is done on the basis of sectional scores in the following order:
1. Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
2. Logical Reasoning
3. Language Comprehension
4. General Awareness
Here are the estimated CMAT cut-off percentiles for 2021 admission. These are solely for reference purpose as the actual CMAT cut offs may be higher:
|Goa Institute of Management||95-99|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||95-99|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||95-99|
|University of Pune, Dept. of Management Sciences||95-99|
|Wellingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai||85|
|Wellingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore||80|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management||85|
|NL Dalmiya Institute of Management||85|
|ITM Navi Mumbai||80|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||85|
CMAT Result Analysis
In the CMAT exam of 2021, the exam paper pattern was updated, with the addition of an optional section. The updated CMAT question paper was as follows:
|SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||DIFFICULTY LEVEL|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100||Moderate|
|General Awareness||25||100||Moderate- Difficult|
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship|
|25||100||To be updated|
Changes in the CMAT Exam 2021 pattern
- A new section – ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship’ was added to the CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
- The section will have 25 questions and you will get 30 additional minutes for attempting this section.
- The section is optional.
- The marking scheme of CMAT 2021 has remained unchanged so far and the total marks, duration, and the total number of questions will vary as per your choice of attempting the optional section.
- The topics covered in the new section are expected to be related to the subjects taught in the course. You may see questions pertaining to Decision Making, Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Business-related topics, etc. More updates will be provided once any official information is available on the same.
FAQs About CMAT Result
How can I check my CMAT result?
You can download the CMAT result 2022 from the official website of NTA through the following steps:
Log on to CMAT official website.
Click on the ‘CMAT 2022 NTA scorecard’ tab.
Enter your CMAT 2022 login credentials (application number and password or date of birth).
Click on ‘Submit’.
Download your CMAT scorecard and save it on your desktop.
What is a good CMAT score?
If you are targeting the top MBA colleges, you should try to score at least 300 marks out of 400. A 95-99+ percentile is considered a good CMAT score.
What is the NTA score in CMAT?
The NTA score in CMAT is the percentile which is calculated on the basis of the rank of a candidate and the total number of candidates who appeared in the exam.
How can I apply for admission on the basis of my CMAT result 2021?
If you qualify for the CMAT exam of 2022, you can apply to MBA colleges and seek admission into the post-graduate Management course of your choice. The admission is based on your CMAT score/cut-off, followed by a Group Discussion (GD), and a Personal Interview (PI).