The CAT exam is one of the most competitive entrance tests and one way to crack them is to prepare well. CAT sample papers play a major role in the preparation for the CAT exam. You can also find these sample papers from the official CAT website.
They are one of the most efficient preparation tools for your upcoming CAT exam. These sample papers are effective ways of evaluating your performance and further improve it by creating strategies and working on your weaker areas.
CAT sample papers help you in the following ways:
- They help you understand the pattern of the exam. This aids you in applying strategic plans to solve these papers.
- They help you understand the level of difficulty. You can figure out which sections are more difficult and tailor your study plan accordingly.
- They help you figure out the important topics so that you can identify them and focus on preparing them better.
For CAT aspirants who want to crack the 2021 CAT exam paper, this article will be the one-stop solution for them! These CAT sample question papers not only ensure more practice but also help you identify your weak areas.
In the next section, find out various advantages of solving sample papers as a mode of preparation for your upcoming CAT exam.
CAT Sample Papers
Advantages of CAT Sample Papers
You may wonder about the importance of solving these sample papers before appearing for your CAT exam. Here are some primary advantages of CAT sample papers:
- Comprehensive idea of the actual CAT paper: The CAT question papers provide a clear picture of the pattern, questions, difficulty level as well as important topics in the actual CAT paper.
- Time Management: Once you put yourself into the habit of solving sample papers within the stipulated time frame, you develop strategies to manage your time better while solving the actual CAT paper.
- Accuracy and Speed: As a result of efficient time management, you will be equipped to answer questions with more accuracy and speed.
- Increases problem-solving: Solving CAT sample papers can enhance problem-solving capabilities in candidates. Initially, your focus may be on adhering to the time limit and answering with as much accuracy as possible. However, over time, you will learn to move out of your comfort zone and start applying more problem-solving strategies to answer more questions.
- Importance to each section: Solving sample papers will put you into the habit of placing equal emphasis on questions from all three sections. This will remove your bias from a particular section, and instead push you to work on your weaker areas.
- Self-analyze your preparation: You can analyze where you stand in terms of your preparation by noticing how you perform in the CAT sample papers.
FAQ about CAT Sample Papers
Is the CAT exam really tough?
To answer it in simple terms, it is not easy to clear the CAT examination. This exam is extremely competitive and only 5000+ candidates get into the B-school of their dreams, out of over 1 lakh applicants. However, with the right kind of persistence and preparation, with the help of sample and CAT mock papers, nothing is impossible.
What is the format of the CAT exam?
The CAT question paper is divided into three main segments: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
There is a total of 100 questions, which need to be solved in 180 mins. However, in light of the covid-19 crisis, the CAT exam paper for 2020 contained 76 questions, which were to be solved in 120 minutes.
For the 2021 CAT exam, the pattern from last year will be continued with 76 questions and a time span of 120 mins. The questions are further divided into three sections with VARC containing 26 questions, DI & LR containing 24 questions, and QA containing 26 questions.
Who sets the CAT question papers?
The CAT exam has been conducted by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) since 2014.