There is only one way to ace your CAT exam: with practice. CAT mock tests are a major contributing factor to the overall preparation for the CAT exams. These mock tests are a near replica of the actual CAT exam which you are preparing for.
Every year, the Indian Institute of Management, which is the conducting body of the CAT exam releases the official mock test of CAT tentatively in the third week of October.
For CAT aspirants who want to crack the 2021 CAT exam paper, this article will be the one-stop solution for them! These mock tests not only ensure more practice but also help you identify your weak areas.
In the next section, explore a series of free CAT mock tests.
What is a Mock Test?
A CAT mock test is a near replica of an actual CAT exam. They are one of the most efficient preparation tools for your upcoming CAT exam. These mock tests are effective ways of evaluating your performance and further improve it by creating strategies and working on your weaker areas.
A mock test helps you in the following ways:
- It helps you understand the pattern of the exam. This aids you in applying strategic plans to solve these papers.
- It helps you understand the level of difficulty. You can figure out which sections are more difficult and tailor your study plan accordingly.
- It helps you figure out the important topics so that you can identify them and focus on preparing them better.
CAT Mock Test Free [PDF]
Advantages of a CAT Mock Test
A mock test is one of the best ways to prep you for your actual CAT exam. Here are some of the advantages of taking mock tests before your CAT exam:
- Comprehensive idea of the actual CAT paper: These mock tests provide a clear picture of the pattern, questions, difficulty level as well as important topics in the actual CAT paper.
- Time Management: Once you put yourself into the habit of solving mock tests within the stipulated time frame, you develop strategies to manage your time better while solving the actual CAT paper.
- Accuracy and Speed: As a result of efficient time management, you will be equipped to answer questions with more accuracy and speed.
- Increases problem-solving: Solving CAT mock tests can enhance problem-solving capabilities in candidates. Initially, your focus may be on adhering to the time limit and answering with as much accuracy as possible. However, over time, you will learn to move out of your comfort zone and start applying more problem-solving strategies to answer more questions.
- Importance to each section: Solving mock tests will put you into the habit of placing equal emphasis on questions from all three sections. This will remove your bias from a particular section, and instead push you to work on your weaker areas.
- Self-analyze your preparation: You can analyze where you stand in terms of your preparation by noticing how you perform in the CAT mock tests.
FAQ about CAT Mock Tests
Why CAT Mock Tests?
These mock tests, which are a near replica of an actual CAT are one of the most efficient preparation tools for your upcoming CAT exam. These mock tests are effective ways of evaluating your performance and further improve it by creating strategies and working on your weaker areas.
Which mock test is best for CAT?
Most people refer to TIME, IMS, and CL as the best mock tests for CAT. However, the ERUDITE Test Series also provides a promising battery of mock tests for CAT.
What is the right way to appear for a CAT Mock Test?
You can appear for a mock test for CAT in the following easy steps:
1. Go to the official CAT website
2. Click on the “CAT mock test 2021” tab
3. Click on “Sign in”
4. Enter your login details
5. Click the checkbox & Proceed
6. You will get the Mock test of CAT 2021
You will be shown one section at a time during the mock test. Thus, it is best to answer the familiar questions and then proceed to the difficult MCQs. You should use your time strategically and answer the questions you know.
When should I start taking CAT Mock Test?
You should get into the practice of solving mock tests right at the onset of your CAT preparation. The ideal time to start taking mock tests would be 5-6 months prior to the final CAT exam. This will allow you to dedicate time to brush up and learn basic concepts and topics that may appear in the CAT exam.
Can I use a calculator while solving CAT Question Paper?
It must be noted that you are not allowed to carry your own calculator in the CAT exam. However, you can only use the onscreen calculator that will be provided to you in the exam.