CAT 2019 Result has been announced on 4th January 2020. The CAT scorecard 2019 is now available on the official website of IIM CAT, iimcat.ac.in. Also, for the ease of the candidates, a direct link to check the result has been provided below on this page. The candidates will need their login details – the user id and password for accessing their CAT 2019 scorecard. The CAT result furnishes the section-wise scaled score, section-wise percentile score, total score and the total percentile.
CAT 2019 Result
Based on CAT result, the management aspirants can take admission to various post graduate management courses offered by IIMs and other 200+ B-schools of India including Sunstone Eduversity – where you pay the course fee only after completing your management degree and getting placed in a well-paying job.
CAT Result 2019 Date
Check all the important events and dates related to IIM CAT exam result in the table below.
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||24 November 2019|
|CAT 2019 Result Date||4 January 2019|
How to check CAT 2019 Result?
The candidates must note that the result of CAT 2019 is available in online mode only. The CAT authorities don’t send the hard-copy of the scorecard through post. It can only be downloaded as a soft copy from the official website. The CAT 2019 score will remain valid till 31 December 2020.
Follow these steps to check the result and download CAT 2019 scorecard:
- Visit the official website of IIM-CAT, www.iimcat.ac.in or to save time, click here.
- After clicking, the candidates will be redirected to a page where they will be required to enter their CAT login details, such as CAT 2019 User ID and Password.
- Fill in the login details correctly and click on the button “Login” for logging in and checking your result.
- Upon successful login, search for the respective link to download the CAT 2019 Result cum scorecard and click the same.
- On clicking, the result will be displayed on the screen and candidates must download the same.
- Open the downloaded CAT result 2019 file in any PDF reader software and take its printout on an A4 sized sheet for future reference. Keep the downloaded copy of CAT 2019 score card saved till the admission process concludes.
The CAT exam result 2019 furnishes the following –
- Personal details of candidates, their name, category, gender, date of birth, contact details and email address etc.
- CAT registration number
- Scaled scores for each of the 3 sections of CAT 2019 exam
- Total CAT 2019 score obtained by candidates
- Sectional percentile of all 3 sections
- Total CAT 2019 percentile
CAT Result Date Trends
|Exam Year||CAT Result Date||CAT Exam Date|
|CAT 2019||4 January 2020||24 November 2019|
|CAT 2018||5 January 2019||25 November 2018|
|CAT 2017||8 January 2018||26 November 2017|
|CAT 2016||9 January 2017||4 December 2016|
|CAT 2015||8 January 2016||29 November 2015|
CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor
The candidates can use this simple tool to know their CAT 2019 percentile. Based on the approximate CAT score and graduation score, this tool calculates the CAT percentile taking into account the previous year’s result data. Last year, 11 candidates scored a perfect 100 percentile out of 209405 total candidates who took CAT.
CAT 2019 Result – Score and Percentile Calculation
CAT 2019 Percentile Calculation
The CAT authorities follow the below steps to calculate the overall and sectional CAT percentile.
Step 1: The total number of candidates (N) who appeared for CAT (i.e. including both morning and afternoon sessions) is calculated.
Step 2: The candidates are assigned a rank (r) to all the candidates who took CAT, based on the scaled scores obtained in the particular section of CAT. In the case of two or more candidates obtaining identical scaled scores in a particular section, identical ranks are assigned to all those candidates. For example, suppose exactly two candidates obtain the highest scaled score in the QA section, then both of those candidates are assigned a rank of 1. Moreover, the candidate(s) obtaining the second highest scaled score in that section is assigned a rank of 3 and so on.
Step 3: The percentile score (P) is calculated with rank (r) in that section as: 𝑃 = ( (𝑁−𝑟) 𝑁 ) × 100.
Step 4: The calculated percentile score (P) of a candidate is rounded off up to two decimal points. For example, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.995 are rounded off to 100, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but strictly less than 99.995 are rounded off to 99.99 and so on.
A methodology similar to the one described above is used for the computation of the overall CAT percentile scores and for the percentile scores of other sections.
CAT Result – Normalisation of CAT Score 2019
CAT 2019 took place in two sessions at 376 test centres. In order to ensure equity in comparison of performances of candidates across these sessions, the scores of candidates are subjected to a process of Normalisation. This process shall adjust for location and scale differences of score distributions across these two sessions of the test. The scaled scores obtained by this process shall be converted into percentiles for purposes of shortlisting of candidates for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview process. Apart from CAT 2019 score and percentile, the B-schools will take into consideration the past academic record, interest and participation in co-curricular activities and relevant work experience of the candidates for the purpose of shortlisting.
Must Read: Expert Tips to Crack MBA Personal Interview
IIMs every year release their admission criteria listing the admission norms and guidelines along with minimum CAT cut off. The candidates writing CAT and interested in taking admission in IIMs must go through these admission norms in order to have an idea about how much minimum score they need to obtain in each section and overall to clear the cut off and get shortlisted for further admission rounds. The criteria for shortlisting the candidates varies for every IIM. The shortlisted candidates are sent personal interview invites over email by the IIMs.
CAT 2019 Result – Attempts & Expected Percentile Table
One cannot really judge the performance just on the basis of number of questions attempted, as there would be some genuine attempts as well as mere guesswork. Predicting a CAT percentile on the basis of score is as good as predicting the result of Bihar Polls. A lot of variables are involved in the calculation of percentile.
The candidates can draw an idea about the overall & section wise attempt vis-a-vis probable score & percentile from the table given below –
|Overall Attempt||VA & RC attempt||DI & LR attempt||QA attempt||Probable Score||Expected Percentile|
After CAT 2019 Result Announcement
The candidates are required to apply to non-IIMs using their CAT result 2019. To do so, they must keep a check on the application dates of various other renowned B-schools, where they wish to seek admission and apply accordingly. The selection process for the B-schools are extremely rigorous and require quite a lot of preparation. The process comprises of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion and a Personal Interview (PI). The interview at the B-schools are usually taken by the faculty, ex-faculty, industry experts and even alumni sometimes.
Important Documents Required for B-school Admissions
If the candidates get a call from IIM or other B-schools, he/she will be required to furnish the following documents for the purpose of eligibility verification –
- Mark sheets and Degree certificates – Original mark sheets along with attested copies of the same
- If belonging to Reservation Category, then certificates supporting the same – Original copy must be brought for furnishing and a photocopy of the same must be submitted there
- Candidates still pursuing last year of graduation – Need to submit an attested copy of the original certificate obtained from concerned authority specifying the fulfillment of required marks
About Sunstone Eduversity
Sunstone Eduversity offers industry-integrated MBA/PGDM programs with a Pay after Placement fee structure, where we take the course fee only after placing our students in well-paying jobs. Our strength lies in developing intellectuals through our innovative technology-led student-oriented teaching which is strongly backed-up by industry linkages having experience in cross-cultural management areas.
How Pay after Placement works?
With Sunstone Eduversity Pay after Placement model, we have aligned our success to our students’ success. The fee structure model follows the steps below:
- Enrol for the 2-year full-time program by paying a nominal registration fee of INR 65000
- Become a corporate professional by learning from the industry experts at no cost for these 2 years
- On completion of the course and only after getting a job, pay the course fee equal to 12 times of your monthly salary
Watch the video below to gain a better understanding about the Pay after placement fee model.